"Safely Remove Drive" command gone in F17?

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Mon May 21 02:19:30 UTC 2012

On 05/18/2012 04:19 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> I'm really wondering what you are testing with...
I am testing with F17 with all updates from updates-testing applied
(just updated a few minutes ago to make sure).
> F17 live:
> There is only one menu entry, "eject".  When clicked, the icon is gone
> from nautilus and the led on the flash drive is off.
This is not what I see. For me, "Eject"ing the USB drive in Nautilus
does not cause the icon to disappear and does not cause the LED to turn off.

I just tested again after the aforementioned update and a restart, and I
continue to see this behavior.

There is nothing in dmesg output, /var/log/messages or ~/.xession-errors
to suggest that there is something going wrong which would explain why I
might be seeing behavior different from what you are seeing. I even did
"package-cleanup --orphans" to check if there were any old RPMs
installed which might explain the difference behavior, but I found none.

I wish it behaved for me like it behaves for you. :-/

   jik