Canon Bluetooth Calculator Mouse

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 21 15:13:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 02:38 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> On a whim I picked up a Canon Bluetooth 3-in-One
> calculator mouse at Frys for $14.99.  Linux was not
> mentioned on the package.  I was able to get it to
> pair with Fedora 17 by setting a PIN of 0000.
>
> I am using it now.  Can even send a calculation to the
> shell but not to Thunderbird in compose.

Well, um, yes. Bluetooth is a standardized protocol (really, set of
protocols), like USB. Like any USB mouse will work with an OS that
implements a standard USB input device driver, any Bluetooth mouse will
work with an OS that implements a standard Bluetooth input device
driver. There's no need to post special feedback about it.