audacious is F17 has no play line, can't click or drag to move around in song

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon May 21 21:21:44 UTC 2012

On Mon, 21 May 2012 12:46:32 -0700, S (stan) wrote:

> To expand on the subject, audacious used to have (in F15) a play line
> that with an indicator in the play line of the song where the music was
> playing.  And the arrow keys would move the song 10 seconds forward or
> back.  Clicking in the play line would move the play point to the click
> location.  Dragging the marker would also move the play point.  All of
> that seems to be gone on the F17, updated current with updates-testing.
>
> I'm using lxde with openbox as the window manager, but I have all the
> gnome shell stuff installed.  It won't run on my hardware, but I still
> can use parts of it.  Is the fact I'm not running Gnome shell the
> cause of the problem? Or did audacious decide that this is no longer a
> useful feature and remove it?
>
> Thanks for any insight.

Cannot confirm.

Could you fill in the gaps? Create a fresh user account, try to reproduce
there? Make a screenshot, publish it? Publish the Audacious config file?
If that's not possible, give details about whether it's with the WinAmp
interface (and which skin) or with the GTK interface? Is it reproducible
with all audio files types?

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.3.6-3.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.34 0.54 0.58