[Test-Announce] Fedora 17 Final Release Candidate 3 (RC3) Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 21 21:30:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 17:23 -0400, Andre Robatino wrote:
> As per the Fedora 17 schedule [1], Fedora 17 Final Release Candidate 3
> (RC3) is now available for testing. Content information, including
> changes, can be found at https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5196 .
> Please see the following pages for download links (including delta ISOs)
> and testing instructions. Normally dl.fedoraproject.org should provide
> the fastest download, but download-ib01.fedoraproject.org is available
> as a mirror (with an approximately 1 hour lag) in case of trouble. To
> use it, just replace "dl" with "download-ib01" in the download URL.

Fingers crossed, this ought to be the final RC. It should not behave
much different to RC2 at all, but it'd be good to re-do as many tests as
possible just to give us lots of safety. We have until Thursday to do
the testing.

One area of small concern that remains is graphical mode grub2. Can
people who have problems with this - where their screen just displays
garbage at the bootloader stage, because grub2 picks an incorrect
display mode - please note this on the list? We'd like to get some data
on how common this problem is.