f17 and ATI RAGE128

Allen Halsey allenhalsey at gmail.com
Sat May 26 07:43:39 UTC 2012

Today I've been installing F17 RC4 i386 on a system with a ATI RAGE 128
video card.

The Live CD made my monitor display a message: "Cannot Display this Video
Mode".

I then tried the DVD. Installation went fine. At the end of installation
I pressed the Reboot button and I got the above monitor message again.
I couldn't see the grub menu. After the 5 second grub timeout, I could
see hard drive activity, but monitor still had above message.

Next, I booted off the DVD again and selected
Troubleshooting > Rescue a Fedora System