remove test case: Install Image Boot Local

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 14:21:52 UTC 2012

For the last week I have been updating our test cases, improving the descriptions. I would also like to make sure we don't spend our resources on unimportant tasks. That's why I propose we remove this test case:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Install_Image_Boot_Local

Currently it is marked as Alpha in our installation matrix [1]. That has no ground in our Release Criteria [2], I haven't found a single criterion related to this test case. If nothing else, this would be Final, because it is not important at all - even if the menu option is broken, you can always boot from local drive by changing your boot order in BIOS or simply unplugging the install media.

But I believe we should remove it completely from our matrices. If there is an issue with "Boot from local drive" menu item, we will of course try to fix it. But we shouldn't spend time testing this over and over again for every development compose we create. This is really unimportant functionality. We have to be smart about spending our energy [3].

Concerns?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_18_Install_Results_Template
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Criteria
[3] http://i.imgur.com/mcJ9r.jpg