TC7

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sat Nov 3 18:57:10 UTC 2012

Installed TC7 via net install on my office machine,
a Gigabyte ga-p55a-ud3 with Core I5 and 8GB ram.

A bit of good news: the time zone setting worked.

The bad news: Anaconda 18.24 (approx) could not
deal with a non empty HD.  I tried a number of things
to no avail.  Eventually I zeroed out the HD with fdisk
and rebooted the installer.

!!Thank heavens for removable SATA drives!!!

The resulting system seems to work well under XFCE.
I installed a Gnome based creative/development system
and then installed *xfce* with yum.

I have not tested Fedora 18 as a server.  To do that I
will need a reliable Anaconda that can install Fedora
on to a specified partition and not mess with the other
dozen or so partitions on the system.  Ubuntu, Opensuse,
and previous versions of Fedora can do this easily.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com