TC7 on omen.com's server

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun Nov 4 23:10:02 UTC 2012

Using imagination I was able to get 64 bit TC7 to install to a specified
partition on my server using the netinst CD.  After some poking around
I was able to get both the local 198 and the external networks up.

The big fail was the inability to get the firewall configured for
masquerading to allow machines on the local net to
access the internet.  The new administration>firewall presents
a large number of cryptic masquerading check boxes hidden behind
menu levels.  I think I checked every one of them.  Sadly, no
masquerading.

Rather than risk losing data, I merely copied parts of the
old fstab into the new one.

I copied the exports file from Fedora 16 and started NFS.
A Fedora client stalled on the first NFS mount.

The adminstration>services menu entry is missing.
I couldn't find anything comparable.

At this point I lost patience and reverted to the penultimate
Fedora 16.  (The 3.6.2-1 kernel doesn't work with my 3com
Hurricane nic.)

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com