TC7+UEFI+dualboot Windows8

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Mon Nov 5 09:06:42 UTC 2012

On a laptop with 2 disks and UEFI/Legacy I installed

- Windows8 using the whole second disk and UEFI (no secure boot)
- TC7 using the whole first disk and UEFI (no LVM + default partitioning)

Both OS boot (using UEFI disk selection via F12) and work but
there is no entry for Windows8 in the F18 TC7 grub menu.

Is this because dual boot does not (yet) work with UEFI
or because of Windows8 or because Windows8 is on the second disk
or a combination of these.

What should I expect from anaconda/grub/etc at this moment in time?
Should I file a bug?

(With a dual boot Windows7+Fedora17 on the whole first disk
 I had already tried a previous F18 TC on the whole second disk,
 all using legacy BIOS installs. F17 and Windows7 were then
 correctly entered in the grub menu of F18).

Alexander