QQ

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Tue Nov 6 23:37:22 UTC 2012

On Nov 6, 2012 4:29 PM, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
vm and those that dont need to reformat/repartition and reinstall windows
and then install Fedora assuming that they have legal copy of Microsoft
Windows in the first place ( which I seriously doubt is the case today
since I dont even think they ship a copy on cd with windows with
laptops/desktops today atleast I did not get any copy with the last laptop
I bought )…

>> This makes zero sense. Why do they need to reinstall Windows?
>

> If you dont own windows you a) need to buy it b) install it c) install
fedora to test this criteria.

> Having a criteria which assumes that QA Community members own an copy of
Microstoft Windows or have it  ( still ) pre-install to be able to test it
so we can release Fedora is just absurd.

> JBG
> --

If there is a shortage of testers for this requirement, I'm happy to pitch
in. Users, including me, have a reasonable expectation that their Windows
installation won't get trashed by the Fedora installer. Changing QA policy
will not affect the users' expectation.

--Pete