merge test cases: VNC

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 10:37:04 UTC 2012

> I think that's going too far. The VNC and VNC_Vncconnect cases are
> very
> different codepaths.
>
> I think it'd be okay to merge VNC and VNC_Password and just require
> the
> testing to include use of a password.

OK, at least merging these two seems like a no-brainer to me. I'll leave the password optional, because that way both options get tested eventually.

> But Vncconnect should remain
> separate. We could consider dropping it from being a blocking test,
> though. I'm not sure we actually need to block release on the vnc
> connect functionality, though there may be some reason to. Is anyone
> aware of the use cases for the vncconnect functionality and how
> critical
> they are?

I think the main use case is if you want to install a machine behind a firewall, and you have a public IP. Whether that is critical enough to block the release or not, I do not know.

Anyone else has an opinion on that?