How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 16:23:51 UTC 2012

On 11/09/2012 03:52 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 03:31:23PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> Btw last time I check the cloud solution being deployed rank this...
> Where were you checking?

Inhouse Gartner document which seems to be inline with the recent cloud
survey from zenoss

>> 1.VMware
>> 2 Xen
>> 3.KVM
>> 4.HyperV
> These are virtualization technologies, which are fundamental to cloud but
> not in themselves cloud solutions.

We are talking about testing the virtualzation technologies not cloud
solution or their providers

>> So that criteria only cover Xen but not the most used and deployed
>> cloud solution
> Amazon EC2 is Xen-based. Rackspace uses KVM. (OpenStack.)

These are cloud providers using cloud solution on top of the
virtualization technologies and our criteria should only cover running
fedora as an guests and hosts ( server ) where applicable ( guest in
vmware,xen,kvm,hyperv and server for kvm,xen ).

JBG