How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 14:29:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 5:14 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/10/2012 12:39 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
>>
>> I think there's still some host/guest confusion going on, possibly.
>

> I was refereeing to Fedora as an guest in vmware,vbox,hyperv not as an host
> which is in context with the criteria discussion about Fedora being
> installed along with other OS.
>
> I considered it important that Fedora works out of the box when deployed as
> an guest in available virtual solutions but other people seem to praise
> stallman and what not fixating on open being the only way and failing to
> understand that people will use what works for *them* and accept other
> alternatives...
>
> It's kinda obvious that we cover our ground to the best of our ability with
> Fedora as an host where applicable ( kvm/xen )

We should not differentiate between hardware platforms and virtual
machine environments i.e treat "running on a guest" the same as
running on "laptop foo baz". It is just a different platform.
When we find bugs that hit any other criteria that are specific to
some environment we should do the same as we do with hardware ... i.e
ask ourselves "is this a common platform worth blocking for?" and
decide based on that (like we do now for hardware specific bugs).