[Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Beta Test Compose 8 (TC8) Available Now!

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 12 12:19:43 UTC 2012

Kamil Paral wrote:

> Andre, can you please make sure you create zsync files from http links
only in the future?

Sorry about that. When I noticed that dl.fp.o and download-ibo1.fp.o
worked with https, I changed all the download links in the test matrix
templates and started using it for everything. The TC7 and TC8 zsyncs
were both made with https. They should be fixed now. I did find an old
bug report googling for "zsync https":

Personally, I think it should be supported since the https overhead is
not huge and it's a good thing generally for people to be using https (I
have mozilla-https-everywhere installed). And according to

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/149274/http-vs-https-performance

"Bottom line: making lots of short requests over HTTPS will be quite a
bit slower than HTTP, but if you transfer a lot of data in a single
request, the difference will be insignificant."

which is certainly the case for large ISO files.

P.S. This reply is not threaded since your post didn't show up in Gmane.
It's probably just slow, seems to take days sometimes to update.