OT Re: Floppies available

G.Wolfe Woodbury redwolfe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:39:32 UTC 2012

On 11/13/2012 03:56 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 01:28 +0530, Arnav Kalra wrote:
>> haha, looks like you're talking about things older than me.
>>
>> p.s. i am not even 16.
>
> Oh boy I feel old now!
>
> I'm 30, and I'm only just older than the CD-ROM, which was apparently
> standardized in 1985. So you're easily younger than that. You're only
> just older than the USB stick, which was invented in 1999, when you were
> 2 or 3.

Heck, you're just a young pup.

I'm 59 now, and started keypunching FORTRAN II decks for my Dad in 1958.
I've seen the move from the "mainframe" to the "mini" to the "micro" and
the birth (and death?) of the Internet.

Ah, nostalgia.

Adam, why do you think nostalgia depresses us?

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury
redwolfe at gmail.com (proventesters)