Problems 'removing nouveau' in fed 18

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Tue Nov 20 15:36:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:42:36PM +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 11/20/2012 07:45 PM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> >   add 'rdblacklist=nouveau' to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in /etc/default/grub
> >   (and/or add 'blacklist nouveau' to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf) and
> >   then run grub2-mkconfig and dracut.
>
> Did you mistype rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau ?
>
> On my F17 system I also have nouveau.modeset=0 added.

I have not mistyped anything.
 (and I use the simpler 'rdblacklist=nouveau')

I do not want to use the nvidia driver so I don't need the
'modeset=0' option.

This is on a laptop with UEFI + Optimus (Nvidia Geforce + Intel HD4000)
Only the i915 driver for the Intel should get loaded so I can use
the 'bbswitch' module to switch off the nvidia chip and so get a
better battery life.

Alexander