F18-Beta installer - Aaaargh!

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 13:52:06 UTC 2012

> The good news first: F-18 Beta DVD ISO image can be booted from harddisk
> again, so it seems I will be able to test that installation method this
> time without having to research strange/new/complex entries for GRUB and

I may have been too optimistic. :-(
The following issue I've revisited:

> The installer complains about the "installation source" (ISO) without
> telling me what's wrong. There's a "Verify" button, which doesn't seem to
> do anything.

There's a tiny empty area/button left of the Verify button. It's another
button with no text assigned. One can click it to open a file dialog,
point it at the DVD ISO image, the button then displays the path, one
can even Verify the ISO image, but the installer crashes. And it's been
reported before: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/879612

I guess it will not be possible to install from DVD ISO image on harddisk
due to this issue in addition to the other problem I've described.