Add FreeBSD to Grub Menu

Antonio Olivares wingators at inbox.com
Mon Oct 1 12:12:52 UTC 2012

Dear sir,

If I use grub with command line and insert the following commands, I can boot freebsd :

insmod part_msdos
set root='(hd0,msdos1)'
chainloader +1
boot

and it works(using the above commands).  Somehow the menu entry is not added and the newer kernels are not added either :(
I don't have zfs on my machine so I would not use those examples.  Under Fedora 17 I have a working grub with FreeBSD, but the results are not the same.

Regards,

Antonio