[Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Beta Test Compose 2 (TC2) Available Now!

Jurgen Kramer gtmkramer at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 5 13:13:21 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-04 at 16:55 -0400, Andre Robatino wrote:
> As per the Fedora 18 schedule [1], Fedora 18 Beta Test Compose 2 (TC2)
> is now available for testing. Content information, including changes,
> can be found at https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5349#comment:2 .
> Please see the following pages for download links (including delta ISOs)
> and testing instructions. Normally dl.fedoraproject.org should provide
> the fastest download, but download-ib01.fedoraproject.org is available
> as a mirror (with an approximately 1 hour lag) in case of trouble. To
> use it, just replace "dl" with "download-ib01" in the download URL.

I did 2 runs installing from the DVD image using KVM. Anaconda stalls
indefinitely at the very end of the installation, while doing
'Configuring installed system'.

In the terminal I can see anaconda eating up 100% CPU. Attaching strace
reveals a continues stream of:
--- SGSEGV {si_signo=SIGSEGV, si_code=SEGV_MAPERR, si_addr=0x4} ---
rt_sigreturn()

Last messages from anaconda.log:
INFO anaconda: All kickstart %%post script(s) have been run

I gave it a reboot and this got me to firstboot and to the desktop.

Jurgen

Jurgen