Graphics adapter bugs blocker status rationale

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 19:03:57 UTC 2012

Hey folks. So this morning I remembered that
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Blocker_Bug_FAQ exists - it's a rather
useful page for explaining bits of the blocker process that we should
probably refer to more often. Given that the question keeps coming up, I
added a section to it which explains the precedent we've established for
deciding blocker status for graphics hardware bugs:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Blocker_Bug_FAQ#Why_isn.27t_my_graphics_card_showstopper_bug_a_blocker.3F_I_can.27t_boot.21

it's a bit long, but a) I wrote it, what do you expect? and b) it's an
important topic so I wanted to have it really comprehensively covered
somewhere we can point people to. So any time you need an explanation of
how we decide whether graphics adapter bugs are blockers - point to
that. Of course, if anyone thinks I got anything wrong or the text could
be improved, go ahead! I think there's probably other 'common
conditional blocker' cases we could add to the page, which is why I
created that section, but just right now I'm blanking on them. I'm sure
some will come up in subsequent blocker meetings, I'll try to remember
to add them to the page as we go.