Review of Fedora 18 Release Criteria

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 13:19:25 UTC 2012

As we're getting closer to the scheduled time for beta freeze, we'd
like to find out now if any of the current criteria or proposed criteria
changes are unreasonable to expect for beta. There may be more changes
for final as we get closer to that but I think that we're pretty close
to being done with the release requirements for beta.

The current (as of this writing) release criteria are available at:
 - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_18_Alpha_Release_Criteria
 - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_18_Beta_Release_Criteria
 - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_18_Final_Release_Criteria

There have been several changes to the release criterion lately (mostly
due to changes in anaconda's functionality) and there are still a
couple of modifications pending (identified at the end of this email
with links to the most recent versions of the proposal)

The questions we're interested in are:
 - Is there anything in the current criteria or proposed revisions that
   seem unreasonable?
 - Are there any areas where the criteria are lacking?

Thanks,

Tim

Final
=====

### mediacheck (change)
" All release media must include a standalone memory test utility. A
boot menu option to launch this utility must be present and must work
correctly "

to:

"If there is an embedded checksum in the image, it must match. If there
is a related UI element displayed after booting the image, it must work
and display the correct result."

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2012-September/110415.html

### network attached storage (pass for F18)
Remove for F18 (will be back in F19)

'The installer must be able to complete an installation using any
network-attached storage devices (e.g. iSCSI, FCoE, Fibre Channel)'

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2012-July/109122.html