Review of Fedora 18 Release Criteria

Akira TAGOH tagoh at redhat.com
Wed Oct 10 06:38:26 UTC 2012

----- 元のメッセージ -----
| Last time we went over it, what we did was add an explicit
| translation
| criterion for Final - "All critical path actions on release-blocking
| desktop environments should correctly display all sufficiently
| complete
| translations available for use" - and agree that other i18n/l10n
| issues
| should be considered conditional infringements of the other criteria
| and
| handled that way. e.g. if you can't pick a keyboard map properly,
| that's
| a conditional infringement of "In most cases (see Blocker_Bug_FAQ), a
| system installed according to any of the above criteria (or the
| appropriate Beta or Final criteria, when applying this criterion to
| those releases) must boot to the 'firstboot' utility on the first
| boot
| after installation, without unintended user intervention, unless the
| user explicitly chooses to boot in non-graphical mode. This includes
| correctly accessing any encrypted partitions when the correct
| passphrase
| is supplied. The firstboot utility must be able to create a working
| user
| account", because the passphrase you picked for an encrypted
| partition
| at install time would not be typed the same way when you came to
| unlock
| it.

That's right. I thought it should works enough that way at that time.

| I don't think someone just reading the process documentation is
| necessarily going to figure out that dodge. So it fails that test.
| (As
| neatly shown by the fact that you posted this mail - obviously you
| didn't figure it out :>)

Well, not really. I think this criteria also affects to QA testing. though we could help for testing but that would be a good idea to have more testing widely, continually, and systematically, I just thought. so I'm here now :)

| We have/had a trac ticket which was closed after the last go-round; I
| re-opened it after having the thoughts described above.
| https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/81 - let's follow up on it
| there.

Okay.

| I _think_ this actually broke between Alpha and Beta, didn't it? I
| might
| be wrong, but I thought it worked at Alpha but then had got broken
| for
| Beta.

No. as in the original report, it was there in even Alpha.

--
Akira TAGOH