dracut-initqueue[197]: Warning: Could not boot, ... /dev/root does not exist

Antonio Olivares wingators at inbox.com
Wed Oct 10 18:05:44 UTC 2012

I downloaded the TC3 both netinstall iso and Live-Desktop, but none work.  For the netinstall iso, I would need a good mirror and how to meet the syntax correctly.  I don't know or have enough experience here.  More documentation would be preferred.

For the Live-Desktop, I get

dracut-initqueue[196]:  Warning:  could not boot
dracut-initqueue[196]:  Warning:  /dev/disk/by-label/Fedora-18-BetaTC3-x86_64-Live-D does not exist
dracut-initqueue[196]:  Warning:  /dev/mapper/live-rw does not exist

Entering emergency mode.  Exit the shell to continue
Type "journalctl" to view sytem logs.

dracut:/#_

Any ideas?  Does a bug against dracut exist in this matter?  I happen to not be able to run newer kernels because I get this startup on a regular Fedora 18 post Alpha installation.

Thanks,

Antonio