F18 beta TC3, installer GUI redraw weirdness

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Oct 11 08:00:17 UTC 2012

Short version:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3253801/Screen%20Shot%202012-10-11%20at%201.47.08%20AM.png

The first column is too long and not scrollable. I can't choose the Minimal Install option.

Longer version:

This wasn't happening a few days ago with the same installer. Same everything. This is Fedora-18-Beta-TC3-x86_64-netinst.iso, and it's VBox 4.2.0. Same version as when I first tried this, with the same ISO, with the same VM, on the same computer. Literally everything is the same, even the target VDI. Problems are:

1. A lot of stepped on text from the overlay of the two columns, kinda ugly/confusing.

2. Choose your environment column is too long to fit on the screen and ends with Web Server. I can't scroll down to choose anything below that.

3. Choose your add-ons does have a scroll bar that appears to work, but cuts off the description of the last item "Robotics".

Is the metadata that anaconda downloads for netinstall possibly affecting how this portion of the UI is drawn? File a bug against anaconda or is this in the realm of really obvious someone must see it?

Chris Murphy