Partitioning criteria revision proposal

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 18:24:40 UTC 2012

On 10/11/2012 01:51 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> To give a specific proposal here, which I find always focuses minds, we
> could simply adjust the relevant line to read:
>
> Creating and, optionally, encrypting partitions of any specified size
> using all offered device and filesystem types. RAID-0, RAID-1, RAID-5
> and LVM must be offered as device types, and ext4 must be offered as a
> filesystem type

How about something along the lines of:

  All device and filesystem types offered by the previous Fedora release
  installer must be offered, unless removal of the type from the final
  release has been approved through the feature removal process.

(Is there a feature removal process?)

I'm not fond of the above language, but hopefully it conveys the idea.