Partitioning criteria revision proposal

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 08:55:57 UTC 2012

> > " The installer must be able to automatically create a functional
> > partition layout using just the empty disk space if you provide it
> > with a validly-formatted disk with sufficient empty space.
> > Pre-existing partitions and data must remain untouched and the
> > bootloader must be correctly installed. "
>
> The probably with that is the custom partitioning contains an
> 'automatically create partitions in empty space for me' button now.
> So
> if the 'guided partitioning' workflow was entirely broken but the
> 'custom partitioning' workflow worked, you could argue that this
> criterion would be satisfied. Which I don't think is what we want.

I see. We could add "This criterion applies for all offered partitioning workflows in the installer".

Or maybe we wouldn't have to add it at all, and cover potential guided partitioning problems with " Rejecting obviously invalid operations without crashing " criterion (if the problem was different than crashing, e.g. creating a different layout than displayed, we would add another generic criterion to cover it).

But I don't really have hard feelings about this, if you believe mirroring UI is a better way, I'm fine with your proposed wording.