removing the non booting kernels how do I troubleshoot them?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Oct 19 00:10:46 UTC 2012

On Oct 18, 2012, at 4:03 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> Now I have to change the line in grub via grub interactively and see that it fixes it and make a change somewhere so that subsequent kernel upgrades update correctly and not put '/dev/root' in there.

It would be good to track this down to either an (improper) custom /etc/default/grub entry, or /etc/grub.d entry, or maybe even grubby just to make sure this is not a bug that you've stumbled upon.

Grubby should have just done a copy/modify/paste and should not have dropped the root= while replacing it with a bogus one. And running grub2-mkconfig should have found the proper UUID to insert, automatically. I'm going to guess there's a superfluous bogus entry in the grub.cfg and grubby was just using that as its template entry.

Chris Murphy