F18 Install /home to /sdb?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Oct 20 01:48:34 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-19 at 09:09 -0700, John Reiser wrote:
> > I haven't found a way yet with Latest TC4 to install /home to /sdb.
>
> One way that is supposed to work: choose custom partitioning,
> select both drives as destinations (click once on each icon),
> then proceed and assign mount points as desired.

Yes, basically, this should already work if you use custom partitioning
(to get to custom partitioning check the checkbox that says something
about 'customizing' after you select the disks you want to use). Once
you get into custom partitioning, find the partition you want to
be /home , set its mount point to /home , partition the rest of the
system however you want, and go ahead and install. It _should_ work.
Obviously as we are pre-Beta you get to keep all the corrupted bits of
your home directory if something goes wrong, that should go without
saying :)

What doesn't work at present is kind of the opposite: assigning a mount
point to an existing partition _and formatting it_. You can't do that.
But you can use an existing partition without formatting it.