F18 Install test matrix - moved 'upgrade' testcases

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 16:06:44 UTC 2012

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 11:36:43 -0400 (EDT)
Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > since all the upgrade testcases are basically 'obsolete', as we are
> > still waiting for FedUP, and Anaconda does not have any means of
> > upgrading installed system, I created a new sub-category of
> > 'Currently Unsupported Testcases' in the General Tests subsection of
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_18_Install_Results_Template
> > and moved all the testcases.
> >
> > If there are any more testcases, which do not make sense, or you
> > really disagree with the change, then let me know on the list.
> >
> > Joza
>
> I have also hidden them using <!-- --> mediawiki syntax. I think we
> don't need to show them to the public when we don't want the public
> to execute them. Of course we need to do something about them soon
> (as soon as we know the situation about FedUp better).

The first one that comes to mind for me is the iSCSI noauth test case
since there will be no advanced storage support in the installer for
F18. I believe that iBFT adapters will be supported but that's never
really been part of the test case.

I've moved the test case to the 'currently unsupported' section in the
template.

Tim