Installation Matrix Template - new Anaconda related changes

Josef Skladanka jskladan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 13:54:35 UTC 2012

= Obsoleted Testcases =
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Package_Sets_Package_Groups_Check

= Questions/Discussion =

== QA:Testcase Anaconda autopart (use all space) install ==

<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_autopart_%28use_all_space%29_install>

The current wording requires the user to select "use all space". At the moment, Anaconda behaves differently for disk with/without partitions present
Shall we
  1) Describe both variants in one testcase - i.e. something like "If the disk contained any partitions, Reclaim all space"
  2) Have separate testcases for each variant
  3) Something completely different

I'm leaning towards #1, but I guess we should discuss this.

== QA:Testcase Anaconda autopart (shrink) install ==

<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_autopart_%28shrink%29_install>

IMHO this testcase will need quite a rewrite, I think something like this could do it:

|actions=
# Boot the installer using any available means
# Proceed to the Installation Destination screen
# Choose disk, and select ''Continue''
# At the Installation Options dialog, select ''Reclaim Space''
# Select a previous disk partition to ''Shrink''
# Continue installation, choosing all provided defaults
|results=
# Anaconda should prompt for an existing partition to resize
# Anaconda should successfully resize the selected partition
# The system should install successfully
# After install, the system boots successfully

== QA:Testcase anaconda ext4 rootfs on disk partition ==

<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_anaconda_ext4_rootfs_on_disk_partition>

As this is basically "the new default", this testcase IMHO could be obsoleted (as there is not a 'LVM on rootfs' testcase for F17).
Also, new testcase - anaconda_LVM_on_disk_partition (or something like that) should be created as a reasonable replacement