F18/Rawhide, kdm: wrong keyboard layout

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:34:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've been noticing this since at least September (but reboot really
rarely, so I always forgot to mention the problem...). My keyboard
layout of choice is swiss german, and the layout is such everywhere
except at the kdm login screen.
I've got "vconsole.keymap=sg" in the grub command line,
KEYTABLE="sg"
MODEL="pc105"
LAYOUT="ch"
VARIANT="de"
in /etc/sysconfig/keyboard, and an empty xorg.conf. AFAICT
/etc/kde/kdm/* do not contain any layout related settings.

I see this both on rawhide and F18 KDE, and I seem to remember that I
also noticed it on F18 Alpha Gnome before I wrecked the virtual
machine.

Anyone else noticing this / any idea how to fix?

Thanks,
Sandro