F18 Beta Smoke 12 Available

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Fri Oct 26 22:26:45 UTC 2012

On 10/27/2012 12:14 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> On 10/26/2012 07:49 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
>> I've built a new smoke test image with:
>>  - btrfs-progs-0.20.rc1.20121017git91d9eec-1.fc18
>>  - firstboot-18.4-1.fc18
>>  - lorax-18.21-1.fc18.x86_64.rpm
>>  - pykickstart-1.99.21-1.fc18
>>  - python-meh-0.18-1.fc18
>>
>> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/qa/18/20121025_f18b-smoke12/
>>
>> I've done a few quick installs with it and it seems to work for
>> autopart gnome installs.
>>
>> Anyhow, more testing and appropriate karma for the included builds
>> would be much appreciated.
>
> Selecting an installation source is somewhat difficult. Since it defaults
> to "closest mirror" it cannot work until the network is properly configured
> however once I did that it didn't try again to download the metadata. So I
> went in there, made sure that "closest mirror" is selected and clicked
> "done". Nothing.
> So I went in again selected "http" and then "closest mirror" again followed
> by "done". Nothing.
> Then I tried "http" => done and when I go back in "closest mirror" is set
> again.
> Finally I went all the way and set "http" with an actual (bogus) ip address
> and clicked done. Now I got an error (which was expected). After now going
> back in and selecting "closest mirror" again Anaconda finally could be
> convinced to try and download the meta data again which this time succeeded.

After that Anaconda spends a while in the "Preparing transaction from
installation source" it shows a fatal error "Could not run transaction".
In the following output i see an error that the package
"pcmciautils-018-3.fc18.x86_64 nees 719MB on the / filesystem". This is in
a KVM guest with an autopartitioned 5G disk.
719MB seems quite excessive for the pcmciautils package?

Regards,
  Dennis