[Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Alpha Test Compose 5 (TC5) Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Sep 3 02:45:14 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-01 3:06, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> The first few tries installing TC5 with Son of Suse installer
> stalled with a cursor on a black screen.
>
> After a few tries I was able to install a KDE desktop.
> Son of Suse Anaconda  did not seem to want to install gnome or xfce.
> I was disappointed to find no choice for Mate.

anaconda just shows the available package groups defined in comps: it's
up to the mate maintainers to get a mate group added to comps. They
could file a bug against the comps component in Bugzilla with a patch to
add a group for mate; they could also ask the comps maintainer (Bill
Nottingham) to give one of them commit privileges to comps for the
purpose of keeping the mate group up to date, I believe this is standard
procedure (we make sure someone from the maintenance group for each
desktop has comps access).