Proposed ALpha Criteria

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 04:49:21 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-03 19:19, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> I propose the inclusion of two critera for an alpha release.
>
> 1.  safe and stable custom disk partitioning choice
> 2.  Mate desktop install choice
>
> 1 because Fedora needs to be a real Linux, not a toy

At the time of the major revision to the criteria, it was agreed
between QA and anaconda team that the appropriate point for this was
Final, not Alpha. This is indeed required functionality for *Fedora*,
but Alpha is not a final release.

> 2 to add a bit of excitement among Linux boffins (including Linus?)

Well...I tried a couple of releases back to have Xfce and LXDE added to
the 'supported desktops' list, and that was rebuffed. If a desktop with
as long a history both in itself and as a part of Fedora as Xfce can't
make it to 'supported desktop' status, I'm not sure MATE would make it
in its first Fedora release...