Proposed release criteria and test case adjustments relating to artwork and self-identification

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 10:57:03 UTC 2012

> With all those factors in mind, here's what we boiled it down to. I
> propose we replace the Alpha criterion with this one:
>
> * The default desktop background must be different from that of the
> two
> previous stable releases
>
> and add a new Alpha criterion:
>
> * Any component which prominently identifies a Fedora release version
> number or phase (Alpha, Beta, Final) must do so correctly

> I propose we modify the Final criterion a bit, just to update it for
> the more restricted modern artwork era:
>
> * The proposed final Fedora artwork must be included and enabled by
> default for all graphical bootloaders and the desktop background. All
> Fedora artwork must be consistent with the proposed final theme

I went ahead and changed the criteria (because I needed to use them):
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Fedora_18_Alpha_Release_Criteria&diff=300432&oldid=293097
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Fedora_18_Final_Release_Criteria&diff=300433&oldid=294172

> We would also have to modify some test cases slightly, the changes
> just
> follow from the above.

I haven't touched the test cases. Feel free to do so.