The F18 test candidates (some issues)

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu Sep 6 08:03:45 UTC 2012

Hi F18 testers,

some general issues concerning all F18 test candidates:

1. Selecting the different options seems not to be
   comprehensible for Fedora newcomers: Why to press "back" for
   selecting the next options (for example, after have done the keyboard
   selection I want to select the time zone).
   Additionally, it can take some time until the yellow triangle
   disappers after having selected an option. This has to be clarified
   for users. They could think that the option has not be accepted
   Why is there no "next option" button for the selection of the next
   option, insensitive until the option has been accepted?
   It could be that the "back" button means for a lot of users:
   "forget my previous settings and redo them".
2. There are some *high hurdles* for choosing an own partitioning scheme
   for the disks the machine has to use. I miss a simple dialogue
   based function for reviewing the disk's layout. The given +/-
   buttons are not directly understandable. Or some explanatory text
   could help newcomers.

Kind regards

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>