[criteria update]

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 08:10:48 UTC 2012

> Hi,
>
> I think that require LVM and encryption in alpha phase is quite too
> early. It isn't feature which should slow down the alpha release. I
> propose to demand it in beta phase. So I propose to change alpha
> criterion:
>
> 'The installer must be able to complete an installation using the
> entire
> disk, existing free space, or existing Linux partitions methods, with
> or
> without encryption or LVM enabled'
>
> to:
>
> 'The installer must be able to complete an installation using the
> entire
> disk, existing free space, or existing Linux partitions.'
You probably wanted to write "partitioning methods", meaning I can create and set my own /, /home, /boot, etc.

I agree that disk encryption, LVM or RAID requirements might be too strict for Alpha. Those are advanced techniques and Beta might be more suitable for them.

> I would also add new beta criterion (instead of amending some
> current):
>
> 'The installer must be able to create and use partitions with or
> without
> encryption or using LVM'

That might need some proper English polish, I'm not exactly sure, but in general I find it OK.