Reporting translation issues

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Thu Sep 6 08:14:18 UTC 2012

On 05.09.2012 19:07, A S Alam wrote:
> ਬੁੱਧਵਾਰ  05 ਸਤੰਬਰ 2012 03:48 ਸ਼ਾਮ ਨੂੰ, Mateusz Marzantowicz ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
>> Is there a single place for reporting translation issues in Fedora 18 or
>> should I contact each project separately?
>

> 1) if there are many issues specific to a language, it can be reported
> to:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/describecomponents.cgi?product=Fedora%20Localization
>
> or if is more than one language, it can be CC to trans@ list. This way
> translation team know the issue to fix.
>
> Bug reported by this way is not going to actual component direclty,
> but language team and after fixing issue, it is moved to actual
> component (like gnome-shell or system-config-users).
>
> 2) If there is few issues, it can be reported component and then cc to
> language mailing list. Bug directly reported to component, developer
> knows about it.
>
>> Is it possible to release (through update channel) new package version
>> in Fedora just because of changes in translated messages?
>>
> it may depends upon Severity or Priority of issue (in translation).
> (like Application may crash or failed to start)
>

> thanks

Thanks for the explanation. In my case, there is only one other
localization (my native language) which I'm using in parallel with
English (US). Sometimes it's very funny to read mixed message strings in
some apps like Disk Manager or sealert, so I thought I could participate
and at last report them.

Mateusz Marzantowicz