[criteria update] Update of uncategorized package groups criterion

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 13:54:59 UTC 2012

> Hi,
>
> we should amend the beta criterion:
>
> 'At the package installation stage, the install should show no
> uncategorized package groups'
>
> There should be something like 'Software selection spoke' instead of
> 'package installation stage', also I'm not sure if 'uncategorized
> package groups' makes sense. I would propose to change it to:
>
> 'At the software selection spoke, there mustn't be any uncategorized
> package groups'
>
> Another option is to remove this criterion. The software selection is
> changed in new ui and I'm not sure if this criterion is still
> applicable.

First of all, I don't like the word 'spoke'. I know anaconda developers use it internally, but people from outside won't have any idea what it means. We need a better term.

Secondly, it seems this criterion is no longer needed at all. In old Anaconda there used to be categories of software and this was to make sure every software is categorized (not in some kind of Other category). Now we have some add-ons, but without categories. So I don't think this criterion really applies anymore.

Of course we can consider whether we need to add a new one, something similar but not the same (I don't see anything like it at the moment). But this one should be deleted in any case, in my opinion.