New BugZapper Introduction

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 19:31:52 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-08 23:16, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On Sat Sep   8 2012 11:14:48 PM CDT, Chris Hyndman
> <chyndman at zoho.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bug Zappers,
>>
>> I'm hoping that you will consider me as a potential new member for
>> the
>> Fedora Bug Zapper team.   I started installing, using and embracing
>> Linux
>> distros about four years ago and it would be great for me to be able
>> return the favor.
> (Snip)
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> The best way to give back is to package software. Other ways include
> QA work or user support. You don't need to apply to a group to start
> giving back. Just Do It.

Michael - this is just what Chris is doing. He's clearly been to the
Bugzappers Join page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Joining

which asks people to send a self-introduction mail. This is why we get
such mails, it's not just dozens of people deciding on their own to
write one. :)

Chris, and other recent bugzapper applicants - thanks a lot for
volunteering to help out. At present the Bugzappers group is fairly
dormant, though we will certainly handle your application and there's
nothing to stop people working on bug triage. You might want to look at
the other participation options on the QA Join page too, though:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join

and see if any of those more active avenues appeal to you as well.
Thanks a lot again!