Fedora 18 Alpha RC2 - root user, installation

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Tue Sep 11 13:19:59 UTC 2012

I'm just doing a fresh install of Fedora 18 Alpha RC2 and I must say I'm
confused.

During first stage of installation I've chosen (I think that I was
forced by the installer) not to create root account. But after reboot,
when creating first user there is and option to add that user to admin
group which is not checked by default.

If I leave this option unchecked, so there is no user with admin
privileges, how am I suppose to manage my system without root account? I
assume that it's mandatory to be in admin group to be able to use sudo.
Am I right?

Mateusz Marzantowicz