New Anaconda - BACK, BACK, BACK...

Dan Vratil dvratil at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 15:29:42 UTC 2012

On Thursday 13 of September 2012 17:19:26 Lars Seipel wrote:
> On Thursday 13 September 2012 15:00:06 Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
> > Please, don't tell me that this is because configuration could be done
> > in parallel and it's for my convenience and to give me the choice which
> > aspect of installation I prefer to configure first.
>
> That's not what it's about (IMHO). The nice thing with the new installer UI
> is that you can reconsider a choice without having to think about losing
> all the other settings you've done afterwards.

For me "Back" is associated more with "revert" or "undo" action. I think the
button should say something like "Back to menu" or even better "Save and
return to menu" so that even "dumb average computer guy" can understand that
he/she won't lost the settings made on the current page. Or in other words, it
should somehow indicate that it's a confirmation of the changes.

> I can imagine that especially your "dumb average computer guy" would
> appreciate this.

/me do :)

Dan

--