New Anaconda - BACK, BACK, BACK...

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Thu Sep 13 18:27:25 UTC 2012

On 13.09.2012 17:19, Lars Seipel wrote:
> On Thursday 13 September 2012 15:00:06 Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
>
>> Please, don't tell me that this is because configuration could be done
>> in parallel and it's for my convenience and to give me the choice which
>> aspect of installation I prefer to configure first.
> That's not what it's about (IMHO). The nice thing with the new installer UI is
> that you can reconsider a choice without having to think about losing all the
> other settings you've done afterwards.

Having "standard" wizard with next and prev buttons gives exactly the
same result. If you realize that you've chosen the wrong language after
configuring time zone you should always have an option to correct that
setting. There is no reason why independent configuration options should
not be changeable at any point in the installer.

> I can imagine that especially your "dumb average computer guy" would
> appreciate this.

Sorry, for this unpleasant term, I used it to distinguish between
"advanced Fedora developer" and other Linux user that wants to play with
Linux. Introducing to much choices only complicate things, because user
must change most if not all options in new Anaconda.

Mateusz Marzantowicz