lethal adventures in f18 alpha

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Sep 15 07:01:22 UTC 2012

On 09/15/2012 02:27 PM, cornel panceac wrote:
> i do not really understand why are you sayng that. i mean, since we already do not know if we are installing grub to the right drive, what's worst in doing it two times in a row?  (or three, etc)

Because there may be people such as myself in existence.  Due to old systems and changes and not wanting to deal with grub and chain loading, I've got a system with several disks installed and use the bios settings to control which disk to boot.  If the install process willy-nilly overwrites the MBR on all disks it would hose my systems.