Anaconda exception handling testing

Vratislav Podzimek vpodzime at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 08:47:29 UTC 2012

> > Last but not least, we should consider removing
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_traceback_debug_mode
> > because I don't see how that helps our users. That is mainly useful
> > for developers, but no user will ever use that, they will use
> > updates.img at best. There is no reason for us to test it.
>
> I usually want to at least recall why we had something in the criteria
> in the *first* place before we take it out, but aside from that I have
> no concrete objections. Anyone remember why we put that in there?
> anaconda folks, is it something you consider critical?
We were discussing if we even want the Debug button in the window
(because, you know, it can lead users to hell) and it appeared, there
were some cases, when an anaconda developer guided some user (online)
through the debugging session to get some additional info about the
crash. That's why we complicated our lives by leaving the button there
and trying to hide it from the not-so-curious users.
It would be great if that functionality was tested, but I believe it is
not so critical.

--
Vratislav Podzimek