installation of f18/alpha to a disk with existing partitions

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu Sep 20 14:28:22 UTC 2012

Hi testers,

I tried to install f18 alpha (inside VirtualBox) using a prepartitioned
disk (12 GB). During partitioning, I selected the review/customize
toggle button.

The upcoming dialog presents two possibilities: "New Fedora 18-Alpha
Installation" and "Unknown".

Problem: If selecting "unknown" for using the existing partition scheme
I run into the problem that I can't allocate the existing partitions to
filesystems like "/" or "/home": I'm able to select the filesystem type
for a partition, but not the mountpoint.

Anybody has been successful in the usage of a prepartitioned disk for
installation? Or will this be a feature realized in the Fedora 18 Beta's
for the first time?

Kind regards

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>