2012-08-27, 2012-09-10, 2012-09-17 - Fedora QA Meetings - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Sep 22 00:47:05 UTC 2012

So instead of flooding the lists, here's a Bumper Recap of the last
three QA meetings, as I didn't get around to doing them at the time.

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120827 ,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120910 and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120917 . The 09-03 meeting
did not happen due to holidays.

Next meeting is scheduled for 2012-09-24 at 1500 UTC in
#fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the meeting, please
add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120924 . Thanks!

2012-08-27
----------

TOPIC: Incomplete anaconda functionality for Fedora 18
	* Group discussed the issues raised in the ticket[1] and agreed
	  on three recommendations to be submitted to the ticket on
	  behalf of the QA team:
		1. We consider it unlikely Alpha will be releasable by
		  the time of go/no-go on Aug 29/30.
		2. We don't believe that reverting to oldUI is a great
		  idea.
		3. We are generally of the opinion that a planned slip
		  longer than 2 weeks should be accompanied by a period
		  where the release freeze is lifted.

TOPIC: Fedora 18 general status check / mini blocker review
	* See wiki page for results of mini blocker review

TOPIC: Open Floor
	  and add it to the ticket if it gets sufficient support

2012-09-10
----------

TOPIC: Fedora 18 general status check / mini blocker review
	* TC6 was out, very close to doing an RC1 but needed a new
	  anaconda build
	* See wiki page for results of mini blocker review

TOPIC: Release criteria revision
	* Topic was tabled due to time taken by the NTH/blocker review

TOPIC: Open Floor
N/A

ACTION ITEMS
	*  tflink to build test image w/ new lorax to test #855289

2012-09-17
----------

TOPIC: Fedora 18 Alpha wind-up / Beta preparation
	* We needed to write up the common bugs page and lobby for
	  inclusion of major issues in the release announcement
	* Post-Alpha stable updates push had not yet happened due to
	  issues with the signing server
	* Nightly images should start showing up after the first stable
	  push
	* We agreed to build smoketest images frequently before the
	  first TC date
	* tflink proposed having freeze entrance criteria that must be
	  satisfied before the freeze starts, to avoid overlong freeze
	  periods

TOPIC: Release criteria revision
	* We agreed to drop the 'uncategorized package groups'
	  criterion
	* We agreed kparal was going in the right direction on the
	  'default package set' criterion revision, further refinement
	  to occur on-list
	* We were broadly happy with the very minimal partitioning
	  requirements used for F18 Alpha, though we may wish to
	  require installation into free space to work in future
	* We agreed in general that Beta and Final partitioning
	  requirements should be much tighter, but it was hard to
	  decide on specifics without seeing more details of the
	  planned newUI design

TOPIC:  Naming of TCs/RCs
	* Topic tabled due to time taken by previous topics

TOPIC: Open Floor
N/A

ACTION ITEMS
	* adamw to find out who's writing the release announcement and
	  make sure it calls out the biggest Alpha bugs
	* tflink to draft up a freeze entrance requirements proposal
	  for the list and we can take the idea from there
	* pschindl to kill 'uncategorized package groups' criterion
	* kparal to refine 'release-blocking package sets' criterion
	* adamw to refine alpha partitioning criterion

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/941