The future of how to debug pages

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:31:41 UTC 2012

On 09/24/2012 08:25 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 19:29:39 +0000
> "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A while back I started the initiative and writing how to debug pages
>> for QA Community to use and was about to write another when I noticed
>> when there has been put a big fat banner referring to upstream wiki
>> page on it.
>>
>> So my question here should we continue with this initiative which was
>> aimed at better documentation in the project and to improve general
>> reporting or should we simply drop the effort?
>>
>> JBG
>>
>> 1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Systemd_problems
> I think if upstream projects want to provide information on this, that
> should be preferred. In cases where they don't for whatever reason, I
> think a page on our wiki is fine.
>
> The problem will end up being knowing where to go... perhaps we could
> make a single page on the wiki about debugging and point to the various
> upstream or local debugging pages?

The general idea was to increase activity within the QA community and
improve reporting at the same time without having them running around
the whole internet while doings so.

If the community prefers to run to various upstreams for this info we
can just as well stop reporting to Red Hat's bugzilla and report
directly upstream instead. ( something I have been very much against in
the past for the very same reasons )

JBG