Add FreeBSD to Grub Menu

Antonio Olivares wingators at inbox.com
Fri Sep 28 22:03:08 UTC 2012

Dear folks,

I have a machine that has FreeBSD 9 and Fedora 18 Alpha. I try to add FreeBSD to grub menu and it is failing to add it.

I have added the following to 40_custom

#!/bin/sh
exec tail -n +3 $0
# This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries.  Simply
type the
# menu entries you want to add after this comment.  Be careful not to
change
# the 'exec tail' line above.
menuentry "FreeBSD" {
    insmod part_msdos
    set root='(hd0,msdos3)'
    chainloader +1
}

I have carefully read the wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GRUB_2

I have run

# grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

I only see the default fedora kernel and boot from Spherical Cow.  How can I make sure that the menu entry is added?

Thanks for any and all advice given to address this problem.

Regards,

Antonio