lxde menu items causing X crash

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 17:21:56 UTC 2013

On 02/04/13 09:27 AM, Kevin Martin wrote:
> Using lxde with openbox on rawhide and certain menu items under Preferences causes the following crash of X:
>
>   from process 3610 (kevinm at ktmtoshiba).
> (EE)
> (EE) Backtrace:
> (EE) 0: /usr/bin/X (OsLookupColor+0x129) [0x46e569]
> (EE) 1: /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (__restore_rt+0x0) [0x7fc9e694ef9f]
> (EE) 2: ? (?+0x0) [0x0]
> (EE)
> (EE) Segmentation fault at address 0x0
>
> Fatal server error:
> Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
>

> I am using the nVidia driver (primarily because I can't run the nouveau driver without setting '#Option     "NoAccel" "1"' in
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf and so screen painting is painfully slow on this machine and I've opened repeated bugzilla's about the nouveau
> issue with no resolution).  A few of the menu items that cause the crash are Preferences -> Background and Preferences -> Color.

I understand your frustration with the nouveau issue, but unfortunately,
there's very little chance of us being able to fix an X server crash
using the proprietary driver :/. The nouveau issue is the one to keep
bashing at. I believe Ben's been busy with some non-bug-fix-y work
lately, so the pace of bug fixing for nouveau has slowed down,
unfortunately.